Saturday, December 21, 2013

Fr. Miguel's Dream

My phone dinged at 6 in the morning. Now, I'm used to text messages all hours of the night, but I was surprised to see it was from Fr. Miguel.

He wrote that he had a dream that he came to my school and I was there. And he was talking on the phone to someone about an annulment and told them it was the best process they had, and I overheard him and said, "Don't lie, you know that isn't true."

After that, we watched my kids get in line and he says I had rubies in my pocket that I took out and showed him.

They were uncut, and I told him that instead of taking them to a jeweler and having them carved, I was just going to let them take shape naturally over time.

I have never been so enchanted by someone else's dream, and I have never found such meaning in words that someone else's psyche had my dream image say.

Now to take my own suggestion.

3 comments:

Mary Helen said...

Wow!

Emma said...

Ditto: wow. That's just... what's the word? Awesome.

Indigo Bunting said...

I love it.