1. I am a St. Louisan who grew up around the country and wound up moving into a house only blocks away from where her grandfather was born.
2. I am married to a wonderful man who puts up with my ridiculousness and calls me out of my pretending and tames it down, tames it all down.
3. I am a liberal social-justice-style Benedictine Catholic with some strong Quaker leanings.
4. I am an adept teacher, especially when it comes to deep understanding of mathematical concepts at the middle school level.
5. I am a mother of three lovely children, who, through their mere existence, have taught me very precisely who I am and why I am here.
6. I am a big sister to 3 biologically, and several others through extra-familial bonds of friendship and advice and being there to cover them when they need it; all of them add texture to my life that would be sadly ordinary otherwise.
7. I am always trying new things, and therefore am a Jill of All Trades at many pasttimes and activities: knitting, archery, Russian language, auto body work, Old Testament biblical criticism, cooking, stained glass, etc.
8. I am, however, far more skilled and have many more hours invested in writing, quilting, and bicycling, which I would consider my top three activities I don't get paid for.
9. I am Irish, German, English, and English Gypsy, and I find that these four bits of heritage inform who I am today even though it's been several generations since anyone took a boat to America.
10. I am highly addictive and should be used with caution.