Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Ten on Tuesday: Ten I Am Statements

1. I am a St. Louisan who grew up around the country and wound up moving into a house only blocks away from where her grandfather was born.

2. I am married to a wonderful man who puts up with my ridiculousness and calls me out of my pretending and tames it down, tames it all down.

3. I am a liberal social-justice-style Benedictine Catholic with some strong Quaker leanings.

4. I am an adept teacher, especially when it comes to deep understanding of mathematical concepts at the middle school level.

5. I am a mother of three lovely children, who, through their mere existence, have taught me very precisely who I am and why I am here.

6. I am a big sister to 3 biologically, and several others through extra-familial bonds of friendship and advice and being there to cover them when they need it; all of them add texture to my life that would be sadly ordinary otherwise.

7. I am always trying new things, and therefore am a Jill of All Trades at many pasttimes and activities: knitting, archery, Russian language, auto body work, Old Testament biblical criticism, cooking, stained glass, etc.

8. I am, however, far more skilled and have many more hours invested in writing, quilting, and bicycling, which I would consider my top three activities I don't get paid for.

9. I am Irish, German, English, and English Gypsy, and I find that these four bits of heritage inform who I am today even though it's been several generations since anyone took a boat to America.

10. I am highly addictive and should be used with caution.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Ours are similar... I like your wording more on many of them though. More specific.

Tiffany Townsend said...

I am a middle school math teacher and mother of three too! :) Fun!

Eulalia Benejam Cobb said...

And you're especially blessed to have #2.

Indigo Bunting said...

No wonder I like you.